The church of the Holy Apostles
The Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul was built in 1929, in Istok, in the river valley. The iconostasis was built with the assistance of Patriarch Varnava. During World War II (1943-1944) the church, as well as the parish house, served as a prison in which Albanian Nazis kept Serbs from Istok, Dragoljevci, Kovrani and many other villages and had them sent on to working camps in Albania and the Italian islands.
The church of the Holy Apostles was set on fire and desecrated after the Italian KFOR troops had arrived.
Be sure to follow us on our facebook page #NoKosovoUnesco, for the latest updates.