The new Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul was built in 1938, on the eastern outskirts of the town of Suva Reka. Beside the church with a dome was a belfry.
As soon as the German KFOR had arrived, the KLA (UÇK) took control of the town. The church was then vandalized and looted by Albanian extremists. The church was levelled to the ground by a strong explosive, although it was in the vicinity of one German KFOR base.