The church of the Holy Apostle Luke
The Church of the Holy Apostle Luke was erected in 1912, in Vitomirica village 5 km north-east of Pec. It was built from the Banjska marble, in the shape of a trefoil, with one dome. The Montenegrin army liberated these parts from the Ottomans on Lucindan (St. Luke’s Day), in 1912. Near the church there was a well tended village cemetery.
The church of the Holy Apostle Luke was vandalized, desecrated and set on fire after the arrival of the Italian KFOR troop.
Keep up on the latest news about Kosovo, and its people, on our official facebook page #NoKosovoUnesco.