The Church of the Holy Prophet Elijah in Bistrazin was built between the two world wars on the foundations of a much older church from partially chiselled stone. The church has a belfry facing west. In April 1941 Albanian Nazis set on fire the church and pulled it down. In 1991 the church was restored.

Albanian terrorists vandalized the church again, after the arrival of the Italian KFOR forces, using handgranades which caused extensive damage inside.