The medieval monastery of St Mark of Korisa used to stand on a rocky outpost above the Korisa river, 3 km south-east of the village of Korisa. The church was built in 1467 with a single-nave, a rectangular foundation and a preserved fragment of the original, ancient fresco. On the western side, above the rock, a belfry with two bells was added in 1861 as a foundation of Sima Andrejevic Igumanov. In April 1941, Albanians of Kabas forcibly tore out the bells and repeatedly desecrated and vandalized the founder’s grave. The monastery had a valuable library.

After the arrival of the German KFOR troops, the monastery was looted, burned, and completely destroyed by explosive. All this was done by Albanian extremists.