The Saint Elijahs church
The Saint Elijahs church is located in the village of Lokvice at the eastern foot of Mount Cvilen, 8 km east of Prizren. It was built on the foundations of an older church, in 1866. It had an 18th century icon collection. The church was mentioned by King Dragutin (1276-1282), King Milutin, 1308 and Tsar Dusan in 1348.
The Saint Elijahs church was desecrated and mined by Kosovo Albanian terrorists in the presence of the German KFOR troops.
Be sure to follow us on our official facebook page #NoKosovoUnesco, for the latest news.