The Church of St Elijah in Vucitrn, was built in 1834, on the eastern outskirt of the city, at the site where previously buried holy relics had been discovered. The wall paintings, painted by Blaza Damnjanovic from Debar, date from 1871.

The church was desecrated, in the presence of the French KFOR troops. The priest’s house was looted and vandalized.