THE MONASTERY AND THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY ARCHANGEL, Gornje Nerodimlje
The Monastery and the Church of the Holy Archangel, in Gornje Nerodimlje, were built in the 14th century and were reconstructed in the year 1700. The frescoes were painted in 14th and 15th century.
The monastery was looted and set on fire by Albanian extremists after the arrival of the US KFOR forces. A giant black pine tree, which was planted in 1336 by Emperor Dusan himself, was cut down and burned. The Christian cemetery was desecrated and the tombstones knocked over and damaged.