THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY APOSTLE LUKE, in Vitomirca

The Church of the Holy Apostle Luke was erected in 1912, in Vitomirica village 5 km north-east of Pec. It was built from the Banjska marble, in the shape of a trefoil, with one dome. The Montenegrin army liberated these parts from the Ottomans on Lucindan (St. Luke’s Day), in 1912. Near the church there was a well tended village cemetery.

The church was vandalized, desecrated and set on fire after the arrival of the Italian KFOR troops.