THE CHURCH OF ST BASIL THE GREAT, in the village of Srbica

The Church of St Basil was built in 1863, in the village of Srbica near Prizren, on a slope facing south, among eight ancient oak trees and on the ruins of a much older church. This was a single-nave building which had a collection of icons and books from the 18th and 19th century.

The church was first set ablaze and then finally destroyed by Albanian terrorists, after the German KFOR troops had arrived.