SAINT UROS’S MONASTERY with THE CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION OF THE HOLY VIRGIN, Sarenik, Gornje Nerodimlje

The Monastery of St Uros, with the Church of the Ascension of the Holy Virgin, was built by Empress Helen at the end of the 14th century, west above Gornje Nerodimlje, in the small village of Sarenik. In 1647-49 Patriarch Paisios donated the manuscript of the hagiography of Emperor Uros to the monastery.

Albanian extremists destroyed the monastery, using explosive, after the US KFOR forces had arrived.