SAINTT NICHOLAS’ CHURCH, village of Osojane near Peć

The Church of St Nicholas — Nikoljaca stands in a hilly meadow, in the old Serbian village of Osojane in the river Kujavèe valley, 8 km south-east of Istok. The name of the village is mentioned in King Milutin’s charter to Banjska Monastery in 1314. The Devic katastichos (“letter” to the monastery) from 1761-79 contains the list of all Serb donators.

The church of St Nicholas in the village of Osojane near Pec, was vandalized by Albanian terrorists after the arrival of the Italian KFOR troops. It still remains desecrated.