SAINT UROS’S CATHEDRAL, in Urosevac

The Cathedral Church of Holy King Uros, in the city of Urosevac, was built between 1929 and 1933 by Josif Mihailovic, the architect from Skopje. The icon collection, belonging to the medieval period of Serbian icon painting, also included the 1896 Holy Trinity icon painted, by Josif Radevic from Lazaropolje. The church had votive patens from 1909, a censer and several bells donated by the women of Kragujevac in 1912.

After the arrival of the US KFOR forces in Urosevac, the cathedral demolished inside and set on fire by Albanian extremists.