SAINT ELIJAH’S CHURCH, village of Lokvice near Prizren

The Church of St Elijah is located in the village of Lokvice at the eastern foot of Mount Cvilen, 8 km east of Prizren. It was built on the foundations of an older church, in 1866. It had an 18th century icon collection. The church was mentioned by King Dragutin (1276-1282), King Milutin, 1308 and Tsar Dusan in 1348.

he church was desecrated and mined by Kosovo Albanian terrorists in the presence of the German KFOR troops.