SAINT ELIJAH’S CHURCH, in Podujevo

The Church of St Elijah in Podujevo was built on the Merdjez hill in 1930. During World War II Albanian Nazi troops destroyed the dome and desecrated the church. It was reconstructe on several occasions. Restoration works were completed in 1971.

The church was vandalized, desecrated and burnt inside after the arrival of the British KFOR troops.