SAINT DEMETRIOS’ CHURCH, in Siga near Peć

The Church of St Demetrios in Siga, near Pec, was reconstructed in 1937 on the foundations of an old church, which had an added narthex. An ancient upright candleholder, made of wrought iron, was found in it. In 1941 Albanian terrorists vandalized the shrine.

After the Italian KFOR units settled in the surrounding area, Albanian terrorists completely destroyed the church.